Let’s face it… it’s expensive being a woman. Just buying basic necessities can get expensive.
And that’s just the basic stuff.
With all of the expenses that we have, it’s often hard to find money left over to save. Fortunately, there are lots of ways that women can cut living costs and save money.
Here are 50 ways for women to save money in 2019.
Note: This page contains affiliate links, which means that if you buy something using one of the links below, I may earn a commission.
Why Should Women Save Money?
According to a survey conducted for GOBankingRates, 56% of American women are living paycheck to paycheck. In order to truly have financial
Most experts recommend that you have at least 8 to 12 months of expenses saved. Unfortunately, many women do not have even an initial emergency fund of $1000.
Having a savings reserve or emergency fund ensures that you are able to maintain your lifestyle if something unfortunate happens. This is especially needed in case of
Suze Orman Talks Women And Money
Suze Orman is a very well known financial expert. She wrote an awesome book, Women & Money, that teaches women all about money and finance. Check out this interview with Suze on the Breakfast Club’s YouTube Channel.
You might also like some of Suze Orman’s other books.
50 Ways to Save Money
The list below contains 50 ways women can save money. It contains ways to save money on food, utilities, shopping, and by managing your finances.
- Create an easy to maintain Budget
- Track your spending – try a daily expense tracker
- Make extra money with a side hustle
- Sell stuff on LetGo
- Have a no spend day each week
- Carpool when possible
- Use Groupon to save on outings
- Set a savings goal
- Limit spending
- Eliminate extras
- Sell your unwanted items
- Purchase Frugal Foods
- Make Frugal Meals
- Get Cashback using Ibotta
- Implement meal planning
- Stop Eating Out and cook at home
- Purchase a deep freezer
- Set a food budget
- Create a Grocery Shop List
- Only buy what’s on your Grocery Shopping List
- Buy generic brands
- Eat less meat
- Keep a price log
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store
- Drink water instead of sodas, tea, or fruit juices
- Eat leftovers
- Pack your lunch instead of eating out
- Take your own coffee to work
- Turn down the heat
- Turn off the lights when not in use
- Use sunlight to light rooms during the day
- Unplug unused appliances
- Line dry your clothes
- Hand wash your dishes
- Wash your clothes in cold water
- Do full loads of laundry
- Repair leaky faucets
- Repair running toilets
- Install energy efficient light bulbs
- Cut the Cord – Watch TV without cable or satellite
- Get rid of your landline
- Use Ebates when shopping online
- Save money on clothing, restaurants, and travel with the Dosh App
- Use Amazon Prime to save on shipping
- Check prices on Amazon before making purchases
- Buy used items on sites like Craigs List, LetGo or PoshMark
- Use a price comparison app like ShopSavvy (Available on iOS, Android)
- Don’t shop to make yourself feel better
- Make homemade gifts
- Buy clothes out of season
Leave a comment and share you favorite ways to save money.
Don’t forget to Like, Share, Tweet, and Pin this post.